What is Radio Shields?
Radio Shields is a community radio station serving North and South Tyneside, broadcasting live from our state of the art studios in South Shields town centre.
We broadcast locally on DAB (Digital) Radio, and worldwide via our website, dedicated mobile apps and smart-speakers such as Amazon Alexa.
The DAB radio service has a potential reach of over 380,000 adults from its Cleadon transmission site. We are one of the few Community Radio Stations currently broadcasting on DAB; traditionally only regional and national broadcasters have access to the medium.
Our presenters, producers and reporters live and breathe the local area. We live here, work here, study here and run businesses here.
We are the only DAB radio station based in South Tyneside with presenters and programmes which focus on issue and events taking place in our area.
Part of our remit is to train and work with broadcasters from under represented and disenfranchised communities. As a not-for-profit organisation all of our income goes back into the station and this valuable work.
Why use radio advertising?
The medium that’s at home, work, in the car, on smart speakers and online
- Creative commercials are memorable and stand out among the advertisements we see every day.
- Only cinema advertising has lower ad avoidance than radio advertising.
- Radio commercials are broadcast regularly and listeners spend several hours tuned in every week. Commercials could be heard more often than adverts seen online or in print.
- Listeners tend to use radio for company, which leads to radio being viewed as a trusted medium.
- Advertising is more likely to be recalled when it’s relevant to the listener’s other activity (e.g. driving, browsing the internet).
Choose advertising on Radio Shields
Local shows and presenters
Every day our local presenters play great music and speak to interesting guests. They also keep listeners up to date with the latest news, weather, traffic and travel and what’s on in our theatres, community groups and clubs.
Affordable and flexible packages
As a small business we understand the need for affordability and flexibility. We offer a range of packages tailored to your needs, without compromising on quality.
Reach listeners across North and South Tyneside
Our DAB broadcast area across North and South Tyneside includes 380,000 people aged 15+. We are the only DAB radio station based in South Shields town centre.
How much does radio advertising cost?
Three simple prices – no admin fees, increases or long term contracts
Other ways of getting your message heard
Encourage more visitors to your upcoming event with a short-term, high intensity, radio advertising campaign.
- Advertise an event for a week, a fortnight or longer with 10 plays of the commercial per day;
- Select a 30 second commercial with a voiceover and music to promote a single event or branded audio with an opportunity to promote multiple events;
- Your event included on the What’s On Guide on radioshields.co.uk and doing our hourly update on DAB radio.
Competitions and give aways are a great way to engage potential customers. Tickets, gift vouchers and products can be offered as prizes.
- Competitions run over one week, with a draw taking place during a programme at the end of the week;
- Presenters will mention the competition during the week, with details of the prize and how to enter;
- The included website page for competition entries can display content and banners relating to the prize.
Have your brand associated with one of our regular programmes, features or even your own on-air idea!
- Regular mentions on the show of your choice, including our breakfast, daytime and drivetime programmes as well as specialist music shows;
- Sponsor must-listen features throughout the day including weather, the What’s On Guide or business news;
If you’d like to find out more about advertising on Radio Shields you can call Siobhan Dale (Advertising and Sales Manager) on 0300 302 0470 (Option 3)
You can email email@example.com or simply fill in the form below.
We look forward to hearing from you!